The purpose of this document is to describe the terms on which France Telephony, as provider of Zeyi, collects, process and backs up your personal data.
This document is fully part of the Terms & Conditions of Zeyi. It may be amended through a new document that will be effective upon being published online.
This personal data protection Policy is subject to change.
Last update on 11/04/2023.
Why collecting your data?
Data are collected only for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes related to the use of Zeyi.
To this end, data collected are as follows:
- Registration for the service:
- Identity of the user,
- Payments management,
- Customer care and after sales services (cancellations, complaints, support…),
- Personal data and contracts management,
- Ensure the proper functioning of the service:
- Data storage,
- Network management,
- Services Operation.
For processing related to the performance of the contract, the data may be retained for up to three years from the end of the relationship.
Zeyi also carries out data processing for purposes other than the strict performance of contracts. In these cases, Zeyi makes sure that it has a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing. To this end, the purposes are as follows:
- Marketing and commercial operations
- Improve offers and customer relations
- Service improvements and service security
- Roll-out and operate offers and services
- Fraud prevention.
Data are also collected to meet legal and regulatory duties as follows:
- Meet legal duties
- Requests for data communication from authorized authorities,
- Interception requests,
- Blocking, upon use, of devices that have been reported stolen
Your data will be kept as long as necessary to meet these legal duties.
Description of the data
Zeyi is collecting data or a category of data only if it is strictly necessary for the purpose pursued. The categories of data are the following:
- Contact details:
- User primary account information,
- ID data: In addition, your phone number that was requested upon registration, when using Zeyi, your IP address will also be collected. Your ID card number may be required when you use the support check the ownership of the mobile phone number.
- Apple Advertising ID (IDFA),
- Android Advertising ID.
- User contacts: When activating the Service on the user’s mobile terminal, a request to read the contact book of your terminal will be issued.
- Connection and usage data:
- Use of Zeyi,
- Called numbers, calling numbers, call duration…
- Purchase: Economic and financial data, historic of minutes consumption…
- Products and services held: Phone model, screen resolution, MCC and MNC (country and operator), version of Android OS or Apple OS, type of network used (3G, 4G, Wifi …),
- Location data: Based on the IP address.
In the case of a purchase Zeyi does not store any payment information. There are 2 options as follows:
- In the case of a purchase via mobile marketplaces (Google Play or iTunes), payment data (credit cards, etc.) will be processed by mobile marketplaces and are subject to the terms and conditions of these marketplaces.
- Via Zeyi (in app, web site), payment data (credit cards, Mobile Money…) will be processed by the secure payment platform and subject to its general terms and conditions.
The data collected is intended for in-house departments of Zeyi and its subcontractors.
The processed data can finally be passed to relevant authorities, at their request, in the framework of legal proceedings, in the framework of court investigations and requests for information from the authorities or in order to comply with other legal duties.
Outside the EU
The collected data may be processed outside the European Union. In this case, Zeyi makes the necessary arrangements with its subcontractors and partners to ensure an adequate level of protection for your data, in compliance with the applicable regulations.
You have a right to access, rectify and delete your data. You may request the portability of the latter. You also have the right to object to the processing or to request the limitation thereof.
You may issue instructions on the retention, deletion, or disclosure of your personal data after your death.
Exercise of your rights
You can exercise your rights at any time, as well as contact the Personal Data Protection Officer at the address below: firstname.lastname@example.org
An answer will be sent to you within one month of receiving your request.
Any request to exercise your rights should be accompanied by a photocopy of a proof of identity (national identity card passport, resident card…).
You can also send your complaint to the CNIL (French Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés).
Zeyi ensures that your data are handled securely and confidentially, including when certain operations are performed by subcontractors. For this purpose, appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, and deletion of your personal data are set up.
These measures are adapted according to the level of sensitivity of the data and the level of risk.